2013 Spring meet information now available
Posted 102 days
NEW ROSECROFT CONDITION SHEET, RACING APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE
PURSES INCREASED ANOTHER 33% TO $50,000 PER DAY
(Fort Washington, MD – February 6, 2013) Live racing will return Saturday, March 9 to Rosecroft Raceway with several significant changes, most impressive of which is an average daily purse schedule that will be $50,000 per card, an increase of 33% from the last race meet which ended December 22, 2012.
“The infusion of funds from gaming throughout the state is the largest reason for the change, along with a managed approach to increasing purses to allow local horsemen to compete and continue to upgrade their racing stock going forward,” said Rosecroft Racing secretary Mike Wandishin.
The condition sheet for the March 9 and 12 race dates is now available at www.rosecroft.com and features several changes including:
· Any race with a minimum of seven (7) separate Maryland Preferred (defined as a Maryland owned, sired, trained or foaled horse) betting interests will be closed to those Maryland Preferred horses;
· Any closed Maryland Preferred race with eight (8) or more separate betting interests will compete for a 10% premium to the advertised purse;
· Any non-Maryland Preferred horses that did not start at Rosecroft in their last start may not be eligible to enter a race lower than the non-winners of $3,000 in last 3 starts condition;
· The lowest money conditioned event (non-winners of $750 in last 3 starts) requires a horse to have finished at least 5th in one of its last five pari-mutuel starts. This condition will carry the lowest purse on the condition sheet at $3,000;
· A Winners Over $4,000 in the last 3 starts event will be carded for both Maryland Preferred horses (with a $7,000 purse) and for open participants (with a $6,000 purse.) A separate Winners Over event will be written for male and female pacers as well as trotters.
As was the practice last meet, entry preferences in all races will be granted to any horse that is Maryland owned, sired, trained or foaled. Horsemen are advised to download and submit to the racing office the 2013 Rosecroft Racing Applications as soon as possible. The applications can be found in the Horsemen’s Section of the track’s website.
“The updates to our condition sheet provide several additional opportunities to showcase Maryland horses and horsemen,” said Wandishin, “The new condition sheet should be much cleaner and easier for all horsemen to follow and provide ample opportunities for a competitive racing program.”
Rosecroft will conduct qualifiers on Saturday, February 23 and Friday, March 1 at 12 noon. Entries for qualifiers will close at 3 p.m. the day prior. Any horse that raced at Rosecroft in December of 2012 and was not placed on the Judges list will not have to qualify for their first start in 2013 at Rosecroft. All other horses are subject to the thirty (30) day rule.
For further information please contact:
Vice President – Racing
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
(717) 469-3313 * Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org